Re: systemd-journald fails

hey rainer

yeah i wouldn't go with sid, it's fun to play around with yet not for a server install.

sysinit vs systemd is up to you.  i haven't had a problem with systemd, it's just another thing that you have to read about to get the hang of it.

you will have to forgive me for not reading all the way through your original post and not noticing that this is a hosted system.

i took a look at my virtual testing machine's '/lib/systemd/system/systemd-udev.service' --
 17 [Service]
 18 Type=notify
 19 OOMScoreAdjust=-1000
 20 Sockets=systemd-udevd-control.socket systemd-udevd-kernel.socket
 21 Restart=always
 22 RestartSec=0
 23 ExecStart=/lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
 24 KillMode=mixed
 25 WatchdogSec=3min
 26 TasksMax=infinity
 27 MountFlags=slave
 28 MemoryDenyWriteExecute=yes
 29 RestrictRealtime=yes

see if yours are similar.
take a look at 'man systemd-udevd.service', it doesn't talk about the service arguments, yet gives references to other man pages.

em