Re: WiFi after initial install

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 12:31:41AM +0900, Mark Fletcher wrote:
> Hello the list!
>

> I'm somewhat aware of systemd-networkd, and I know that it is super-easy
> to set up a DHCP-based wired ethernet connection that way, and I also
> know it is possible to do so with a WiFi connection too -- but I
> strongly suspect that is not the "Debian way".

It is "one way" to set up your network.
I would argue based on your description is one of the better ways to do it.

Though we have some members of the purity police around here, there is no
high priest who defines the "right" way.

> The WiFi connection is secured with a password, and my access point is
> also a DHCP server. I'm expecting to use DHCP to get an IP address as I
> do with all other machines on my network.
>
> All my past Debian experience of setting up WiFi is pre-systemd /
> pre-stretch, and a long time in my past so I have forgotten more than I
> ever knew :) Outside Debian, I've done it on LFS using systemd-networkd
> -- I know that can be made to work but it doesn't seem very Debianesque
> to me.
>
> Any suggestions on what I should do to set this up?

Go Systemd-networkd, it works great!

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com