Re: Index of hardware test utilities available in official Debian repositories

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 06:26:47AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I went to https://packages.debian.org/stable/ looking for test utilities.
> The closest heading I found was "Utilities"
> [https://packages.debian.org/stable/utils/].
> The only relevant entry I found there was "memtester (4.3.0-3)".
> I did not find "memtest86+" which I've used many times [It was listed under
> "Similar packages:" on https://packages.debian.org/stable/utils/memtester].
> I found nothing for testing hard disks or video subsystems <closest being
> monitor resolution tests>.

p.d.o has a pretty good search function, this should point you in the
right direction: <https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=memtest>

hth

dt

--
Dave Thayer / Denver, Colorado USA / dave@thayer-boyle.com
 Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right there, in