cyrus-imap-ssl crashing

Hi,

On my jessie-powered VPS I'm handling mail with Postfix and cyrus-imap-ssl.

From time to time, I find I'm unable to send mail from my Thunderbird MUA due to my credentials being rejected. this may happen multiple times per day, or only once weekly.

Restarting the cyrus-imap-ssl daemon on the server always resolves the issue, but, of course, is inconvenient. I can find no log records suggesting what’s happening, but then I don't really know where to look, or what to look for.

The mail server has very low traffic, and only 3 users.

Can anyone please suggest a way forward to resolve this issue?

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |