Re: bpo kernel 4.7 broken? Re: Some function keys not working on a ThinkPad W550s

On Tuesday 29 November 2016 02:22:40 Richard Hector wrote:

> > Don't.  That kernel is very broken.  Switch to the latest 4.8 kernel
> > available from either unstable or kernel.org, or compile the latest
> > 4.4-longterm kernel from kernel.org.
>
> Woah. I was just about to install that. Am I ok, and better off,
> sticking with the 4.6 bpo kernel?

I had no joy with kernel 4.7 from backports on my HP ProBook 650.

The Broadcom-sta-dkms package is not available for that kernel version. So, no
wireless network.

Moreover, the computer would frequently freeze during start up.

Frederic