Re: stunnel or sibling?

Hi,

Peter E. wrote:
> accept  = localhost:80
> connect = en.wikipedia.org:443
> ... Firefox continues to access http servers as if stunnel
> isn't present

I get a bit further with

  accept  = localhost:30080
  connect = en.wikipedia.org:443

and in iceweasel as URL

  http://localhost:30080

But then i get a Wikimedia Foundation error page
  "This domain points to a Wikimedia Foundation server, but
   is not configured on this server."
IIRC, the http protocol lets the client transmit the domain of the
targeted server. "localhost:30080" is not convincing, i assume.

We need some proxy functionality. But google brings me only info
how to connect SSL aware clients through a proxy to an SSL aware server.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas