Re: How to get ssh to run in daemon script

On 27/11/16 13:00, Nemeth Gyorgy wrote:
What user runs the daemon? If it is a separate user then run the ssh
with that user interactively. If the user does not have the
~/.ssh/known_hosts file or the destination host is not in it, then you
will have problems.

I've now discovered that the daemon is run by root.

As I said in my post the ssh command does run successfully when run interactively "but if I run the ssh command interactively from the usual graphical terminal (as root) it shuts down the NAS". /root/.ssh/known_hosts does exist. As it does work interactively, presumably root must have the correct entries in the known_hosts file.

One problem is that when the daemon runs the script the ssh command fails and I don't know if there was any error message, and if so where to find any error messages after I reboot.