The difference between XTerm and UXTerm?

What's the practical difference between XTerm and UXTerm? I know that
they need different class in .Xresources file. I also know that UXTerm
is a wrapper for XTerm (to change a couple of settings). I have read its
man page. People in the net say that UXTerm is XTerm with Unicode
support.

But still, what's the difference? I don't see any. For Unicode and UTF-8
both terminals seem to work exactly the same. I have used /usr/bin/xterm
many years.

--
/// Teemu Likonen   - .-..   <https://github.com/tlikonen> //
// PGP: 4E10 55DC 84E9 DFF6 13D7 8557 719D 69D3 2453 9450 ///