Re: xorriso: listing files+offsets in an ISO9660 image w/o RockRidge

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 07:39:22PM +0100, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Interestingly 1.4.7 can read one more of these ISOs, leaving 19 bad.
>
> Was that already with -read_fs "norock" ?

Just retried: alas, no difference, same number of unreadable ISOs (19), same
output, here's the full output of one of them,

	GNU xorriso 1.4.7 : RockRidge filesystem manipulator, libburnia project.

	xorriso : NOTE : Loading ISO image tree from LBA 0
	libisofs: SORRY : Damaged RR/SUSP information.
	libisofs: FAILURE : Wrong or damaged Rock Ridge entry
	xorriso : FAILURE : Cannot read ISO image tree
	xorriso : HINT : You might get a partial or altered ISO image tree by option -error_behavior 'image_loading' 'best_effort' if -abort_on is set to be tolerant enough.
	xorriso : NOTE : Tolerated problem event of severity 'FAILURE'
	Report layout: xt , Startlba ,   Blocks , Filesize , ISO image path
	xorriso : FAILURE : No ISO image present. No -dev, -indev, or -outdev selected.
	xorriso : NOTE : Tolerated problem event of severity 'FAILURE'
	xorriso : NOTE : -return_with SORRY 32 triggered by problem severity FAILURE

This particular image has the first 0x046B1000 bytes (~70 MiB?) read correctly by
ddrescue so I believe that means the TOC must be intact. isoinfo/genisoimage and
iso-info/libcdio-utils can read it ok. I see basically the same output for all the
failing ISOs.

isoinfo reports

	isoinfo: Warning: Joliet escape sequence uses illegal space at offset 3

iso-info reports a line like the following for each directory

	++ WARN: XA signature not found in ISO9660's system use area; ignoring XA attributes for this file entry.

This might not have been a great example, because I can't share the contents of the ISO
(old emails and ICQ logs). Looking at my list, I have four ISOs which are recordings
from TV made with a DVD writer appliance, they all have volume labels 'SONATA_VOLUME',
I can share them with you privately.

I also have a rip of a commercial CD that xorriso is complaining about, Paint Shop Pro 7
for Windows. Again isoinfo and iso-info are happy with it. What's *really* interesting
about this one is, despite it being a silver disc commercial CD that I bought, the volume
metadata is

	CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
	System id:
	Volume id: IEPSP704A_AE
	Volume set id:
	Publisher id:
	Data preparer id:
	Application id: NERO___BURNING_ROM
	Copyright File id:
	Abstract File id:
	Bibliographic File id:
	Volume set size is: 1
	Volume set sequence number is: 1
	Logical block size is: 2048
	Volume size is: 147702
	Joliet with UCS level 3 found
	NO Rock Ridge present

I suppose the master that was sent to the duplicator was made this way.

For some reason I am missing the ddrescue log file for this rip, which is frustrating, I will
re-rip it next time I'm at my office.

> If so: Do you still see the error message
>   "Damaged RR/SUSP information."

I'm afraid so yes.

I'm wondering if my hand-built modern xorriso is linking against my old system libisofs.
I am doing some investigation.

--
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.