Re: Layers for the package manager

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le quintidi 25 brumaire, an CCXXV, Don Armstrong a écrit :
> > This sounds like you're looking for debtags, which gives you the ability
> > to subset packages by different tags. (For example, if you wanted all of
> > the package management tools:
> >
> > debtags search admin::package-management;
> >
> > gives you all of the packages which are involved in package management.)
>
> Uh? Can you explain me how it can be used to install incompatible
> packages or packages from semi-trusted repositories?

Sorry; I misunderstood what you were trying to do.

debtags will help you define which packages go in what layers, but they
won't do anything to help you with the rest of the features that you're
describing.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure.
We get very little wisdom from success, you know.
 -- William Saroyan _My Heart's in the Highlands_