Re: Layers for the package manager

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016, Nicolas George wrote:
> There is a feature in Debian that I find missing in Debian, I wonder if
> other people would agree with me.
>
> I call that feature "layered package manager".

This sounds like you're looking for debtags, which gives you the ability
to subset packages by different tags. (For example, if you wanted all of
the package management tools:

debtags search admin::package-management;

gives you all of the packages which are involved in package management.)

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

"She decided what she wished to happen and then assumed that reality
would bend to her wishes." [...] "Reality doesn't indulge wishes."
 -- Terry Goodkind _Phantom_ p133