Re: trouble setting up raid1

Hi Bill,

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 10:56:11AM -0800, Bill wrote:
> I'd guess that it's highly unlikely that there's a maximum number of
> Raid partitions, although I could live with it, but why is Partman
> rejecting my overtures?

Can you try switching to the virtual console and setting up the RAID
manually using mdadm commands as you would do on a running server?
If that works then a bug against the installer would probably be
appropriate.

> And BTW is there any way to unlock or back out of a raid setup during
> configuration just in case I need to change something. How can I
> delete a raid device and start over if I have to? fdisk?

I have had partman become massively confused by previous contents of
disks before. I've used wipefs to get rid of signatures so partman
would be happy.

Cheers,
Andy