Re: Signature Verification Errors Stretch Post Install

On Sun, 2016-11-13 at 11:51 -0500, marathon.durandal@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I installed Stretch on a new computer last night using the alpha
> installer. I'm getting all sorts of signing-key errors on this virgin
> install (saying no pubkey could be found). Inline is the output:

<snip>

No one else receiving this issue either?

OK after doing more research it seems that one had to use one of keyservers to
download the Debian Key - For some reason the procedure has changed and I missed
being informed prior to doing a new install.

Apparently the last 8 chars of the key being spewed out as being needed by apt are
the ID set needed. So, '8B48AD6246925553' can be shortened to '46925553'.

Furthermore, research informs me that the following line should work to import
this key into the right place for apt:

'gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv 46925553; gpg --export --armor 46925553 | sudo
apt-key add -'

which after approx a minute returns this output:

'gpg: keyserver receive failed: No data
gpg: Warning: 1 key skipped due to its large size
gpg: Warning: 1 key skipped due to its large size
OK'

So, I'm stuck. Granted I used an alpha installer for the 'testing' distribution,
but shouldn't the signing key be installed by default?
I have since changed my sources to SID, with the same result. Can anyone offer
suggestions? Thanks.

--
S.D. <marathon.durandal@gmail.com>