Re: Symlinking or hard linking additional storage to /home directories

On 11/12/2016 08:30 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> Le duodi 22 brumaire, an CCXXV, Lars Nood�n a �crit�:
>> What are the disadvantages of bind mounts?
>
> They require root privileges for any change.
>
> They are also more expensive than any individual symlink, but it does
> not matter much if there are only a few.
>
> But I can reverse the question: what advantages do you see to bind
> mounts in that particular circumstance?

It fits with the /etc/fstab approach, and since Robert mentioned
/etc/fstab mount comes to mind.  Adding the user option there allows a
non-root user to mount or unmount the pair of directories.  However, as
far as technical advantages proper, I don't know.

Regards,
Lars