Re: set domain name in Debian `

Hi Glenn,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 11:13:02PM -0700, Glenn English wrote:
> > On Nov 11, 2016, at 9:58 PM, Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:
> > After you have done that, what command are you using which shows you
> > the old/incorrect values?
>
> Mostly hostname - f. That's what I've used in a number if shell
> scripts, and it's always worked (on systems who've been labeled by
> the installer).

Okay. So I think we should focus on why "hostname -f" returns the
wrong/outdated info. I'm not sure yet.

Out of interest what does "hostname -d" return? Should be just the
domain name part, so I expect it to say the wrong thing here. And
what is the contents of /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts?

I'm assuming you have actually rebooted at least once after changing
/etc/hostname and /etc/hosts, yes?

Cheers,
Andy