Re: looking for a piece of software that will take an url (say to a blog post) and email me the contents

On 2016-11-06, Dan Hitt <dan.hitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Miles (and also Dan P and Celejar for other solutions).
>
> Indeed Firefox has an archive format (maybe called 'maff'?), but how
> could you mail it to yourself?
>
> That is, how could you mail the maff without taking your hands off the
> keyboard, or switching apps or something like that?

I used to use a plugin called "Send to Kindle"  that worked (for the
Kindle), but then it stopped working for reasons that escaped me (an
ill-designed and maintained Amazon thingie).

> Ideally, the way it would work is you find a blog post or something
> that you like, then you go to a drop-down menu, and select 'mail this
> to me'.  Are there any plugins that are so savvy?

I wonder if you could use a plugin like the one below and just send the
file to yourself, at which point you might read it with fbreader or some
such.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/kindle-it/

--
“It is enough that the arrows fit exactly in the wounds that they have made.”
Franz Kafka