Re: [Aptitude-devel] aptitude ~A question

steve wrote on 11/06/16 20:47:
> Le 06-11-2016, à 10:43:58 +0100, Jörg-Volker Peetz a écrit :
>
>> What is the output of
>>
>>  aptitude -F "%p" '~o'
>
> gives an error (unknown command « ~o »)

Sorry, this should be

 aptitude -F "%p" search '~o'

>> ? Seems to me, there are packages installed on your system that don't belong to
>> any architecture in sources.list ("obsolete").
>
> However, running aptitude in curses mode shows that I have 80 obsolete
> packages. But that still doesn't connect the dots, since as shown in my
> search) and 3349 (with dpkg). That's a difference of 158.
>
> But problem narrowed :)

The number of installed packages can be counted with aptitude as

  aptitude search '~i' | wc -l

As others have explained the search with '~Astable$~i' does show packages which
are installed and are available in "stable" but maybe not with the same version
which is installed. Therefore, you probably counted some packages multiple.

Regards,
jvp.