Re: apt-get changelog is unsuccessful, but changelog exists

On Sat 05 Nov 2016 at 19:06:49 +0000, davidson@freevolt.org wrote:

> Running...
>
>   $ apt-get changelog UPGRADEABLE_PACKAGE
>
> ...on a wheezy system pointed at these sources...
>
>   $ grep '^deb ' /etc/apt/sources.list
>   deb http://debian.univ-lorraine.fr/debian/ wheezy-updates main
>   deb http://debian.univ-lorraine.fr/debian/ wheezy main
>   deb http://debian.univ-lorraine.fr/debian/ wheezy-backports main
>   deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main
>
> ...frequently fails to do what I expect.
>
> A recent example:

[Snipped]

It's quite amazing what people expect to be supported on this list.
Wheezy is an unsupported distribution, just like hamm, etch, potato etc.
Irrespective of whether it was thought to be wonderful in its day it is
now moribund apart from LTS. Discard it; let it disappear into history.

Now, if the OP had said "I observe the same behaviour on jessie and
stretch" that might be interesting. If he doesn't, it drops off the
radar. We are at the beginning of a freeze. Those who expect support
for Wheezy are pushing the envelope.

  apt-get changelog mutt

works very nicely on jessie, incidentally.

--
Brian.