apt-get changelog is unsuccessful, but changelog exists

Running...

  $ apt-get changelog UPGRADEABLE_PACKAGE

...on a wheezy system pointed at these sources...

  $ grep '^deb ' /etc/apt/sources.list
  deb http://debian.univ-lorraine.fr/debian/ wheezy-updates main
  deb http://debian.univ-lorraine.fr/debian/ wheezy main
  deb http://debian.univ-lorraine.fr/debian/ wheezy-backports main
  deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main

...frequently fails to do what I expect.

A recent example:

  $ apt-get changelog libxslt1.1
  Err Changelog for libxslt1.1 (http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/updates/main/libx/libxslt/libxslt_1.1.26-14.1+deb7u2/changelog)
    404  Not Found [IP: 5.153.231.3 80]
  Err Changelog for libxslt1.1 (http://security.debian.org/pool/updates/main/libx/libxslt/libxslt_1.1.26-14.1+deb7u2.changelog)
    404  Not Found [IP: 128.31.0.63 80]
  E: changelog download failed

In the example above, I sought to read a description of the differences
between my currently installed libxslt1.1 package, and the more recent
available version.

Instead, to obtain changelogs, the 8-step workflow outlined below is
typical for me. It seems to work fine, but I am curious why steps 1--4
alone do not suffice.

If anyone can give me a clue here, I would be grateful.

WORKFLOW

Since I like to do some reading about packages, and (at least) review
changelogs, before I upgrade them, instead of simply doing...

  # apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

...I follow the template below:

1. Retrieve information about new/updated packages.

  # apt-get update

2. Simulate an upgrade, to see what can be upgraded.

  # apt-get -s upgrade

3. For each upgradeable package, review its description.

  $ apt-cache --no-all-versions show UPGRADEABLE_PACKAGE |sed -n '/^Description-en/,/^[^[:blank:]]/ p'

4. Attempt to review the changelog for that package.

  $ apt-get changelog UPGRADEABLE_PACKAGE

When step 4 fails, I continue as follows:

5. Get the diff from the source archive.

  $ apt-get --diff-only source UPGRADEABLE_PACKAGE

6. Decompress and unpack the diff.

  $ gunzip SOURCE_VERSION.debian.tar.gz && tar xf SOURCE_VERSION.debian.tar

7. See what files I've just unpacked.

  $ ls debian/

8. Look at most recent entry in the changelog, which is what I was
after in step 4.

  $ sed -n '1,/^[^[:blank:]]/ p' debian/changelog

(And then of course, after I've finished reading about what it will
do, I eventually run apt-get upgrade.)

--

MS CLINTON: If you google up what the Chinese claim is, it's the entire South China sea...
MR BLANKFEIN: An unfortunate name.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/fileid/11011/2873