Re: alt F2 in kde does not work

> > On 10/19/2016 09:07 PM, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> >> When I press alt F2 and enter konsole in the window, nothing happens.
> >> The expected behaviour is to start a konsole window. Does anyone know
> >> which command/package is responsible for the alt+F2 functionality in
> >> KDE?

I don't know offhand, but have some questions:

   * Presumably you can start a konsole from the K menu using the mouse?

   * Can you start a konsole from within that konsole, by typing konsole at
the prompt?  If not, does it work if you su to root?

   * Can you start any other applications from <alt><F2> textbox?

I suspect that your problem is not with the <alt>F2> functionaolity but
instead with konsole, but answers to the above questions will help?