Re: Nvida Legacy 304 Catastrophe

On יום שני, 10 באוקטובר 2016 11:25:42 IDT Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 12:17:58 +0300
> David Baron <dbaron770@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello David,
>
> >Since I uninstalled the 304, maybe send me your documentation.
>
> Embarrassing 'egg on face' moment coming up:  I *was* misreading the
> documentation.  The file I mentioned has a section detailing what
> supported by which drivers.  It's in the legacy 304 section that your
> chipset is listed.  I didn't check carefully enough first time round.
>
> My apologies if I got your hopes up.

Tried it before getting this. Simply did not work
Going back to nouveau hung up very quickly
So reinstalled sid legacy-304xx. Compiled this time (not for -rt but this is
known).
My kdm splash screen resolution bollixed up. Had to redo all my desktops. Big
pain. Have to resize all my fonts as well.

Otherwise, after a day wasted, working again.