Re: My bash script is missing something - what?

On 10/10/2016 04:10 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 10/10/2016 8:00 AM, Robert Parker wrote:
>> you need to do:
>> ./test.sh
>> instead.
>>

> That just fails differently by responding:
>
> : No such file or directory

Where ever the script is, it does have to be in the $PATH or else you
must run it using including a relative or absolute path to its location.

About your error message "bash: test.sh: command not found", you might
try putting the full paths to mount and grep in your script.  Or else
explicitly set the $PATH variable to something useful at the beginning
of the script.

If that was not it, you can use the set -x option with bash to trace the
script's actions.

	#!/bin/bash -x

That prints out each line as it will be run just before it is actually
run, to see what precisely is causing the failure.

Regards,
Lars