Re: Cannot apt-add repository

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Rasku, Stephen (GE Digital)
<srasku@wurldtech.com> wrote:
> So, what is the best practice to get the latest (or at least newer) version of git?  Compile from source?  I want to use some of the `git bisect` features that were introduced in 2.7.

git 1:2.9.3-1 exists in testing and unstable distributions of Debian.
So one option is to update your machine to either testing or unstable.
Running testing or unstable is not for the faint of heart. So please
read https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-choosing.en.html
to help you decide whether it is worth it.

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog