Re: [Artwork] Survey for the default artwork for Stretch

On Saturday 08 October 2016 19:00:12 Brian wrote:
> On Sat 08 Oct 2016 at 13:33:21 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Friday 07 October 2016 23:23:54 Brian wrote:
> > > Seen as important enough to send to debian-devel. Some might be
> > > interested in voting.
> > >
> > >   https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2016/10/msg00042.html
> >
> > Thanks, Brian.  Since I do actually care, I have voted.  One or two of
> > them are so awful I might even consider leaving Debian if they were
> > chosen. ;-)
>
> I haven't examined them in that light. Obviously, there are some I
> prefer to others but I am very taken with the effort so many people have
> put into this. There is a proposal that, irrespective of the outcome,
> all the submissions end up in a package which can be installed.

That sounds like a great idea - after all, one man's meat is another man's
poison. :-/

> I think
> that would be a recognition of the *all* the work and hope it comes to
> fruition. Tastes vary, but we can try to cater for all of them.

You can please all of the people some of the time, and all of the people some
of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Mind you, I know some people whom you cannot please ever. :-(

> Wasn't it the DPL who said - vote early and vote often. :)

:-))

Lisi