Re: mc using nano when vim.tiny is my default editor?

On 10/07/2016 05:57 PM, Charlie wrote:
On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 17:46:15 -0400 Tony Baldwin sent:

Apparently nothing, but when I do update-alternatives to set it, It
shows that vim.tiny is currently the chosen default (visudo uses it)
How do I set $EDITOR if not with update-alternatives?

	After contemplation, my reply is:

I use vi.

In my ~/.config/mc/mc.ext I have

	include/editor
	Open=%var{EDITOR:vi} %f

I don't find such a file.
I suppose I could create it and see what happens.

I tried, and I gkeep getting some error about a file error with that file, because the structure of it has changed or I should copy the one from /etc/mc (which I did).
But I'm confused where to put the above.
I see "include/editor"in several places.
When I figured to put it where I first see include/editor, I get the complaint about the restructuring.
I put it elsehwere I get:

/usr/bin/sensible-editor: 25: /usr/bin/sensible-editor: /usr/bin/vim.basic: not found
But I definitely have vim installed. I used it to edit the file in question.

Thanks,
Tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com