Re: no opengl with intel HD2000 on jessie

baldyeti wrote:

> I have noticed quite a few symlinks under /etc/alternatives
> pointing to some nvidia files and directories
> Ideally I'd like to fix this without purging the system from
> working nvidia drivers (i may transfer my graphics card later)
> How would one make the links under alternatives point to intel
> (or mesa...) files instead of nvidia's and do i need to install
> additional deb packages ?
>

>> hello,
>>
>> as i often do, i have cloned a working partition onto a new system
>> the source system has an nvidia adapter with its proprietary driver
>> the target system has sandy-bridge HD2000, and apparently no opengl
>> (glxinfo reports "extension GLX missing")
>> can someone help diagnose and fix ?
>>
>> tx!

AFAIR the GL support is added by the driver via alternatives. I don't recall
how I fixed this few years ago on one PC with NVidia, but you can have a
look into update-alternatives. I read the manuals some time ago to setup
custom firefox installation and it looked like this.

update-alternatives --install /etc/alternatives/firefox
x-www-browser /opt/custom/firefox/firefox 300
update-alternatives --set x-www-browser /opt/custom/firefox/firefox

It could be more work though as you have more symlinks for NVidia for sure.

I think the proper way would be to purge/remove the package with its
configuration and setup again or new one properly.