Re: Strange Gnome-terminal behaviour

On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 05:37:14PM +0100, Joe wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:29:00 +0900
> Mark Fletcher <mark27q1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 09:20:20AM -0500, Dutch Ingraham wrote:
> >

> Anything in /var/log/syslog when it happens? In sid, GTK is spraying
> out GtkScrollBar errors...

I just scrolled around in Mutt, exercising the issue, for a few minutes
while another terminal was running sudo tail -f /var/log/syslog and yet
another was running sudo journalctl -f, and silence from both of them
while doing the test. The only thing close was this, but it was already
in the log when I started the test, so is probably caused by something
else:

Sep 25 22:39:27 kazuki gnome-session[2374]:
(gnome-settings-daemon:2482): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1714 was not
found when attempting to remove it

Apart from that, nothing that looks likely connected and nothing at all
while I was observing the issue in Mutt in one Gnome terminal while
watching these logs in two others.

I have noticed since my first post that, if I wait long enough (at least
several seconds, sometimes almost a minute) the scrolling keystroke IS
eventually responded to. As I said before, the machine is not under load
that is in any way abnormal -- 2 Windows 7 VMs that aren't doing
anything if I am using a terminal because they are on other Gnome pages,
a bunch of terminals open, and maybe a program or two more open. But the
box is a chunky machine and all other apps are functioning completely
normally. I am only seeing this behaviour in Gnome Terminal.

I'd be suspecting my keyboard needs fresh batteries (ASUS Bluetooth
keyboard) if it weren't for the fact that normal typing is completely
fine and all other apps are fine anyway.

Mark