Re: sending authorized_keys to localhost from an account being created with adduser --disabled-password [was] Re: Need a tutorial

Thanks, Greg. I trimmed your message just to let you know that it does
not work.

Greg Wooledge:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 12:31:00PM +0000, Stephan Beck wrote:

> As user stephan, to test that it works:
>
> stephan@hostname:~$ ssh test@localhost id
>
> If your username isn't actually "stephan", substitute accordingly.

me@mymachine:~$ sudo service ssh restart
me@mymachine:~$ ssh xb1158@localhost id
Permission denied (publickey).

I now will read carefully your (and the other messages sent in reply)
and will give a more thorough reply in a while. When I send my messages,
I send them and do not read the answers (arrived in the meantime) first,
so please do not think that I'm not interested in them.

Many thanks.

Stephan