Re: Sound on jessie

----- Original Message -----
From: "deloptes" <deloptes@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 12:17:55 PM
Subject: Re: Sound on jessie

Alan McConnell wrote:

> [...]

Usually there is a problem with something muted, so if pulse is OK go down
and check alsamixer.
         I have tried that. Both channels(?) are set to 100, and I can move
         them lower with the Arrow keys.  Otherwise I don't know how to
         operate this ncurses device.

Now that we know Alan is using Ubuntu, he could even try ubuntu live in
former or current version to compare.
         <LOL>  I am not part of that "we".  I am not using Ubuntu.  Furthermore
         if I want to hear some nice music or listen to a Sanders speech on
         youtube, I get out of jessie, run my Windoze, use the Edge brower
         and go to youtube, where the sound works just great.

         This suggests to me, and I hope to my readers here, that there is
         something wrong with the way  alsa  works, or doesn't work, here.
         I can't imagine what the difficulty is, since the cogent suggestions
         that have been made here have not worked.

Perhaps others have some ideas?

Alan