Re: Sound on jessie

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Baldwin" <baldwinlinguas@gmx.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2016 7:56:48 AM
Subject: Re: Sound on jessie

I was having a similar problem just last week after an update>safe upgrade..
After scratching my head for several days and trying everything I could
think of (including querying this list), I found I had something called
PulseAudio-volume-control installed, a graphical tool to manage volume
for PA , and, when I found it, it showed "analog output" as muted (no
idea why), I unmuted it, and had my sound back!
If you can't find it, install it and check all the volume settings.
It's listed in the repos as pavucontrol.
so just apt-get install pavucontrol .
  (or aptitude if you prefer)
aptitude install pavucontrol
     Many thanks for your suggestion, Anthony.  But I've already tried
     pavucontrol, which I had installed quite a while ago.  So I'm still
     stymied.

     Alas for the days of wheezy, when everything _worked_!!

Alan, who is pleased at least to be able to get on line from his jessie install