Re: load module on boot?

On 09/16/2016 09:59 AM, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> Greetings, friends,
> so something went wrong with my old Debian installation and it won't
> boot (dumps to emergency mode every time).
> Consequently, I installed Jessie on the other hdd (that had win7), and
> I'm having a couple of minor troubles:
> First, I need the snd-mixer-oss module to load on boot. I can load it
> manually once I'm already booted with
> sudo modprobe snd-mixer-oss
> , but I want it to be automatic so I don't have to do this.
> googling got me two solutions, neither of which is working.
> The first was to create an /etc/modules-load.d/modules.conf and  add a
> line like this:

I think you might be confusing /etc/modules-load.d/ (names of modules
to load statically) with /etc/modprobe.d/ (and the old /etc/modutils/*)
which has options, and aliases for autoloading modules.

I find /etc/modules is the easiest place to put the names (just the
name, one per line) of any modules you want loading permanently. This
location should work for wheezy too.

Cheers,
David.