Re: update-alternatives, list alternatives?

On 09/16/2016 06:54 PM, Tony Baldwin wrote:
On 09/16/2016 06:20 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
On 09/16/2016 10:56 AM, Tony Baldwin wrote:

But in my old age, I can't remember for the life of me how I did it.
I don't believe it was with update-alternatives.
I think I edited some config file somewhere, but for the life of me, I
can't recall where.

Crank up Settings Manager and edit your desires with "Preferred
Applications". Ric

What is this settings manager of which you speak?
I can't seem to locate any such pkg on my system

Interestingly, as can be seen in this screenshot: http://tonybaldwin.me/images/091616190007.jpg
Icedove is set to "always check to see if [it] is the default on startup"
and yet, it hasn't checked, asked or pestered me about its status as default or not even once, although it appears to be set as default for mail (or that option is greyed out.. I can't figure out which, although, perhaps greyed out makes sense since update alternatives says there are no options for mail, but insists on keeping it as "bsd-mailx).

LLAP
tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com