Re: xaralx package

Hi,

> Michael Fothergill wrote:
> The download page says that the binary should run on a 64 bit machine in
> what it calls compatability mode.
> http://www.xaraxtreme.org/download.html

So the binaries are ready for ten year old Ubuntu.
This increases the chances for 32 bit multi-arch.
I guess the step "Create a script to launch 32 bit applications" will
need some adaption.

> If I would want to run it natively in 64 bit mode I would have to compile
> it.
> But maybe it is so old that it would not be a good idea

I'd give it a try if the source can still be found somewhere.
  http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers/subversion-access-instructions.html
prescribes a test which fails:

  $ telnet svn.xara.com 3690
  Trying 194.143.183.7...
  telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host

So one would first need to find a repository or tarball with the source.
Then begins the struggle with the dependencies.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas