Re: Odd issues with Stretch installation

On 09/14/2016 10:43 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:

The first sign of failure was that, after installation, the GUI didn't
load properly - just a black screen with a mouse cursor. In trying to
track down the failure, I found the disk to be full, so I didn't
bother analyzing it any further.

Same problem. Only my tower has plenty of memory and disk space. I just get a black screen, lonely mouse cursor in the upper left of my display. Yes, the mouse cursor does move around. So, I open a terminal and startx gives me the XFCE desktop. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html