Re: odd load patterns - SOLVED

On 9/14/2016 10:14 AM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> Well, I found out where all that load was coming from.
>
> Looks like a recent Thunderbird update reset its config to "keep all
> messages for this account on this computer" - for all accounts

The first time this fiasco happened - the update happened that enabled
GLODA for all accounts and reset all individual offline folder settings
for all accounts - was sometime around the TB 3 - 3.1 update. This was
the one time I seriously looked for an alternative to TB, it made me so
furious, as I have many (15+) IMAP accounts, most with a LOT of email
AND a lot of folders, and with very specific OFFLINE settings for
certain folders.

If the devs cause this to happen again, I will be even more furious than
I was then, even if it is an accident.

So, hopefully you are wrong, or it is some obscure bug (maybe triggered
by a misbehaved Addon) that will not hit me (or most users).