Re: Errors when doing a update

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, Jochen Spieker wrote:

Brian LaPlante:

Please find attached a copy of my sources.list and results of doing an update. Any corrections that need to be made would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If you want to solve your problem by editing your sources.list, you need
to remove deb-multimedia.org from it. If you also accept other
solutions, you could simply import the appropriate key into the apt-key
database.

I find no reference to deb-multimedia.org in the section of OP's file
attachment that contains, according to OP, the contents of
/etc/apt/sources.list

Four conceivable explanations occur to me:

  1. OP only included part of their sources.list when they copy-pasted
  it into their file attachment.

  2. OP has files under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ which include
  references to deb-multimedia.org, and it is those files that need to
  be edited.

  3. My grep is broken.

  4. Nothing works the way I think it does.

Or, any combination of the four.