Re: Bluetooth: impossible to send files from phone to computer

On 2016-09-13, Frédéric Mesplède <fredericmesplede@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I am having trouble connecting my phone to my computer via bluetooth.
> I use Debian 8.5 gnome and my phone is a motorola G2. I use both gnome
> default bluetooth tool and blueman but none of them work. Pairing
> works fine with blueman until I try to connect my phone to my computer
> or try to send files from my phone. When I try to connect to the phone
> through blueman it says that "no such file or directory exists"
> whereas the bluetooth on the phone is activated and was already paired
> before... On the other hand, I can send files from the computer to the
> phone via bluetooth. In the "Sharing" settings in gnome settings panel
> I activated the option sharing via bluetooth and paired devices but it
> does not work...
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thank you for your help!

I find the various GUI bluetooth tools in jessie to be quite buggy. When
you have established a connection between the phone and your computer,
open a terminal and cd to /run/user/$(id -u)/gvfs/. From there you
should be able to see the mount point of the device and move or copy
files as required.

--

Liam