Re: How to get Jessie to run at boot time -- Problem solved

On Monday 12 September 2016 19:14:53 Alan McConnell wrote:
> Maybe I should apologize for "hijacking a thread"?

Yes, you should.  It has left the person whose thread you have hijacked high
and dry.  It is most definitely "not done" to hijack threads.  By those who
care about etiquette and other people, that is.

Brian was offering you a good technical solution that would actually have
solved your problem, instead of a "cobble", which you say that Debian should
fix.

Even God is said only to help those who help themselves.

Lisi.

PS I have been trying to help mudongliang, unsuccessfully.  But thereby hangs
another thread.  Please someone else, his question has still not been
answered.  Are all attempts to answer it being spam-checked out of
existence??