Defining TAP interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces

Im (slowly) trying to setup bridging and TAP interfaces to use with QEMU so each VM can have a 'real' IP on the network rather than NAT.

I now have a bridge setup (br1) using eth1 which Ive done in /etc/network/interfaces with:

auto eth1
auto br1
iface br1 inet dhcp
        bridge_ports eth1
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0
        bridge_maxwait 0

However I cannot work out how to add TAP interfaces to this bridge using that file. Currently I have to do it with the tunctl & brctl commands in a separate script.

It is possible to do it in /etc/network/interfaces ?

Thanks
Andrew