Re: mount problems Please Help! Can't sshfs mount remote debian server, mount local 2nd hdd, nothing...

On 09/10/2016 07:57 PM, Anthony Baldwin wrote:

On 09/10/2016 03:34 PM, Anthony Baldwin wrote:
On 09/10/2016 03:28 PM, Tony Baldwin wrote:
On 09/10/2016 03:07 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
Le quintidi 25 fructidor, an CCXXIV, Anthony Baldwin a écrit :
I apologize, but, I've never quite figured out what to do with dmesg,
or what to look for in its output, etc..
it really just confuses me...
I saw this: 15.690807] EXT3-fs (sda1): warning: checktime reached,
running
e2fsck is recommended
[   15.722318] EXT3-fs (sda1): using internal journal

Looking for places that talk about the device causing problems would
be a
good start. Your problems are on /dev/sdb, so why do you bother with
lines
about /dev/sda?

and tried to e2fsk /dev/sdb2

And yet again you did not read part of my previous mail, the one about
using
Linux's fsck on microsoft's filesystems.

I have no knowlege of what a windows equivalent to fsck would be.
I hardly use that system.
I only even installed it, because for a brief while I was doing some
work for the State (I work freelance from home) that required windows
only software (my contacts with the state didn't even know what
gnu/linux is), and it had to be run on bare metal, not in a virtual
environment.
Thankfully, I am no longer doing that work.
That system is so slow, stupid and crippled that it's maddening!
I let windows do it's auto-repair thingy, and when I booted back to
Debian, things looked like maybe they were back to normal. I was able to
do:
$ ls -li
total 12
1349304 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep  5 13:55 myown
1357617 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 10  2015 win7
1357619 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jul 10  2015 winhome

Then I tried do mount them again, and got the I/O error,
and they're back to doing this:
$ ls -li
ls: cannot access winhome: Input/output error
ls: cannot access win7: Input/output error
total 4
1349304 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep  5 13:55 myown
      ? d????????? ? ?    ?       ?            ? win7
      ? d????????? ? ?    ?       ?            ? winhome

I don't get it...
This can't have anything to do with "the microsoft version of fsck",
because the windows disk (which is actually split into two partitions,
one with the win7 system, and one that's just storage) is running fine
when I boot it (for a crippled OS, anyway), and mounting the storage partition fine, too.
PLus, I'm having trouble sshfs mounting a remote server running Debian,
which worked fine days ago, now when I try it I get the same I/O errors, and wierd inode issues I'm getting with this local hdd.

./Tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
translations, localization,