Re: Jessie & Fixed IP Address

On Thu 08 Sep 2016 at 18:08:04 +0100, David wrote:

> I am working with a Raspberry PI running Jessie and I'm not happy about
> the solutions I found to change it from DHCP to a fixed IP address.

That's a shame.

> Editing the file /etc/dhcpcd.conf does not seem to work correctly.

Nobody in their right mind would be editing /etc/dhcpcd.conf to get a
fixed IP address.

> Can I go back to the old method of editing /etc/network/interfaces

You can go back to whatever works for you.

> Or is there a better way of setting a fixed IP on Jessie?

Better? That's a matter of opinion. A suitable /e/n/i is good enough.
You have advice on this.

But you could use connman if it keeps your Raspberry PI happy. That
might be a step too far, though.