Re: Testing/Unstable Synaptic broken again.

On 09/06/2016 04:06 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 21:23:25 -0400
Stephen Allen <marathon.durandal@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Stephen,

Do you fellas have 'apt-listbugs' installed? Don't know if it would have
helped in this case, but running SID one should have that package

I don't, and even if I did I doubt it would have helped me:  I just
would not have been able to make any connection between the packages
Jimmy refers to and their interaction with Synaptic.

I'm on testing, so have nothing to report in terms of the issues in this
thread.

Ah, but that may have just changed.  I've not upgraded the gir*
packages, just in case.

Except for 'gir1.2-gtk-3.0, libgtk-3-0. libgtk-3-bin. libgtk-3-common' that one testing system is clean and upgraded and synaptic is still okay. It looks like "gtk-3" is the culprit. When the other 4 systems start behaving okay that 5th system's gtk-3 will be upgraded too. Those 4 are the only gtk-3 packages I have on my system and I pinned them, like I said everything else is upgraded.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Stretch - KDE-Plasma-Desktop 5.7.4 - EXT4 - AMD64 at sda12
Registered Linux User #380263