Re: Testing/Unstable Synaptic broken again.

On 09/02/2016 12:53 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 1 Sep 2016 19:09:32 -0700
Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Jimmy,

Thanks Brad for letting me know that testing was okay, one of my 5
Sid/Testing systems was still not upgraded with the bug yet, so I

Glad to be of service.  Even if it was a little on the late side.   :-(

removed the Sid repose so it would not get the bug, but the other 4
have a broken synaptic, Apt is one of the Sid upgrades and I figure
it's the culprit.

I'll be careful to watch for the relevant upgrades as they appear in
testing.  Maybe even pin apt & Synaptic for a while.  Like you said in
response to Floris, the list of bugs against Synaptic is huge.   :-|

Here's an update, it seems to be a gtk problem, as the bug effects Parole Media Player's menu too. Sid has "gir1*" and "gtk*" package upgrades that Testing does not have and without Synaptic I really don't know an easy way to downgrade the packages, outside of downloading the packages and using dpkg and I would have to lookup the depends too, maybe there is an easier way? I hope upstream is working on this problem, before it hits Testing.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid - KDE Plasma 5.6.4 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda15
Registered Linux User #380263