Re: Dual boot. Ubuntu update removes Debian GRUB.

Stefan.schultz19.5.1991 composed on 2016-09-05 15:41 (UTC-0400):

Thank you Felix for your very informative answers. Being new to open
source, I realize from your explanations that I have a lot to learn, like
not allowing anything to install in the MBR, and taking steps to minimise
the desruption and ease the recovery. At the moment I have no idea how!

A perusal of the following yours-truly URLs may prove helpful in that regard:
http://fm.no-ip.com/PC/install-doz-after.html
http://fm.no-ip.com/PC/partitioning.html
Thank you for quote and humour. Sorry some of my words are not so pleasant
and persuasive!!!

No fault found. :-)

My 'open source' journey starts with a single bit step!

As did that of multitudes. :-)

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/