Re: Jessie (8.0) slow to boot

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 09:16:00AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I have Jessie installed on a desktop and a laptop. They both take about
> 105-110 seconds to boot. Squeeze on the desktop takes ~15 seconds to boot.
  	  My jessie install also takes a long time to boot.  A lot of it
	  is because of attempts to start/stop/do something with
	  COMRESET.  Eventually, after a minute, the boot process 'gives
	  up'.

	  What is COMRESET?  What does it do? can I get rid of these
	  attempts?

TIA for anticipated information/help.

Alan McConnell

--
Alan McConnell :  http://globaltap.com/~alan/
      Memory says, "I did that."  Pride replies, "I could not have