Re: Decentralized reliable instant messaging?

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 11:11 PM Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
Le quartidi 14 fructidor, an CCXXIV, David Wright a écrit :
This clause of the code of conduct is unsustainable, and therefore should be
ignored until the configuration is fixed and the corresponding clause
updated.

By participating in this list you implicitly agree to abide by the code of conduct; authority is not granted to you to decide which parts of it you will abide by and which not.

You're in compliance by doing something not everyone agrees with but which looks harmless to me. The result is that when I hit Reply-all to this thread, my mail client automatically replied only to the list. Well and good -- actually, very good, because it prevents me making the stupid mistake I frequently make of cc-ing the poster of the mail I am replying to. So no arguments with your chosen actions from me. But I don't particularly wish to hear you advocating for ignoring the code of conduct, or any part of it, any more, and I very much doubt I am alone.

Mark