Re: Any idea when CVE-2016-5696 is going to get fixed?

Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> I don't get why everyone wants to argue that a problem that is known
> to be bad and is fixed in the kernel versions released by the kernel
> maintainers should be ignored.

I'm asking myself the same, but I'm not psychotherapist to be able to
answer.
For instance a fact: "the probability of nuclear war now is higher than 25y
ago".
Mostly got an answer: "You are paranoid!"

or when I say "We must protect our data in terms of encryption, good
firewall etc", my wife asks "Why do you think someone is interested in your
activities?". My answer was "I don't know and this is the point."

Crazy but fact. IMHO people try to convince themself it will never happen
(to them). I would like to know why and how one could deal with such line
of argumentation.

regards