Re: Failure messages relating to strict.pm

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 01:39:46PM -0400, Ken Heard wrote:

> At the end of a package update and upgrade today of Stretch the
> following messages appeared.

[...]

It looks like your perl installation is broken

> Can anyone tell me what the foregoing means?  If it is of any help, I
> do have two problems with Stretch.  First I cannot close the computer
> using shutdown -- I have to close it by holding down the start button
> for four seconds.

How do you "shutdown"?

> Second, after opening my user in the DE, the DE remains on the monitor
> for only a few seconds.  The monitor then reverts to the tty1 command
> line and asks me to log in.  I can do so either as root or my user but
> am restricted to use of the usual commands.

I open my users with a can opener :) SCNR

Your display manager depends on perl. So most likely it is related to your
perl issues

I do not even know what "usual commands" means.

Are you sure you are using the right version of debian? Is there a
particular reason why you need to run strtch?

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com