Re: "No soundcard"-problem after reboot on 1005HA without speakers

Have you run aplay -L? Can you run amixer set Master 85% then alsactl store? Last commands as root or sudo root most likely.

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016, Jonas Hedman wrote:

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 09:29:13
From: Jonas Hedman <jonas.hedman@fripost.org>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: "No soundcard"-problem after reboot on 1005HA without speakers

Hello

I have a Asus Eee PC 1005HA on which I run Jessie. The thing is that the
speakers have been physically removed and I am having trouble getting
audio to work via the headphone jack.

However, if I run

# apt-get remove --purge alsa-base pulseaudio

and then reinstall them both and reboot it works perfectly. If I go to
alsamixer I see HDA Intel, Chip: Realtek ALC269 and:
cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [Intel]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
           HDA Intel at 0xf7db8000 irq 44

But when I reboot the computer again I'm back to square one and my
soundcard can't seem to be found.

$ lspci | grep Audio
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family High Definition
Audio Controller (rev 02)

# alsamixer
cannot open mixer: No such file or directory

also if I open the gui pulse mixer no sound card is found.

# cat /proc/asound/cards
--- no soundcards ---

# alsactl init
alsactl: init:1758: No soundcards found...

# journalctl | grep snd
Aug 18 15:16:02 noether kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1b.0: irq 44 for
MSI/MSI-X
Aug 18 15:16:02 noether kernel: snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1b.0: no codecs
found!

I can then purge and reinstall to make it work temporarily again which I
tried a number of times just to make sure that the behavior is
consistent.

How can I make alsa/pulse remember my card after purge/reinstall?

Regards