Quiet gaming capable gfx card for Debian Sid

Hallo,

I would like to spend some hours on a normal game without having to
reboot into Windows. I have a Steam account and some Linux games are
available (at least some from Valve).

But the video card I have is not ok. It's a Nvidia Geforce 750Ti
(passive cooling), it works quite well with the Nouveau drivers but
there are too many glitches in 3D games, some are basically not
playable. I remember that Nvidia drivers (non-free) have been a lot
better but I cannot make them work with current Debian Unstable, even if
I install the latest packages from Debian Experimental, the drivers
simply don't compile with latest kernels.

This makes me think, is AMD a better alternative? I could by one, but
only if the driver support situation is acceptable. And I am not sure
WRT recent developments. There is the amdgpu driver in Sid but the list
of supported models includes only R9-280 or 290 stuff which is two years
old. And no such card on the market seems to support semi-passive
cooling. And then, there are "AMDGPU PRO" drivers on the AMD page, which
seem to be the successor of the non-free fglrx driver. But the packages
there are only made for Ubuntu.

I really don't want to troll but this makes me wonder... am I missing
something? Or does AMD give a s...t about users unless they are running
the latest Ubuntu LTS and nothing else?

And I don't like this situation. NVidia drivers basically broken, AMD
drivers basically broken, or you can buy some 3 year old hardware for
insane prices, or what else can a normal gamer do?

Regards,
Eduard.